EMV Chip Card Technology
Securing your money and data.
Credit Union credit cards now come with built-in chip technology (also known as EMV) to provide upgraded safety features.
With EMV chip cards, you'll be able to take advantage of:
- Enhanced fraud protection. Every time you use your card at a chip-enabled terminal, a unique, one-time transaction code is created, providing additional fraud protection on your account.
- Global acceptance. Travel with confidence knowing your card is readily accepted at millions of merchant locations worldwide.
- Exceptional rewards and everyday convenience. Not a cardmember? Compare our cards to learn more about features and benefits, and find the card that's right for you.
Are you an existing cardholder? Call 800-388-7000 ext. 8166 or visit your local Service Center to request your chip card today.
Ready to become a cardholder? To apply for a new Visa® credit card, click the link below.
Paying at a chip-enabled terminal is easy:
- Insert the chip end of your card—with chip facing up—into the chip-enabled terminal.
- Keep the card in the terminal throughout the transaction and follow the prompts on the screen. If you remove your card too soon, your purchase will be canceled.
- Remove your card when prompted and take your receipt. Keep in mind that you may need to sign for your purchase.